Level 2 Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children
This course is catered for those who work with children.
Our Allergy Awareness course is split up into five units, two of which are mandatory and then your staff would need to select one out of the three optional units, based on what is most relevant to their your career/aspirations. Each unit is then split into smaller sections.
Units 1 and 2 are mandatory units.
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding of allergy awareness. It is designed for those who wish to understand allergies, the causes of allergies and what to do in case of an allergic reaction. There are three optional units which cater for those in different sectors: those who work in childcare (Unit 3), those who work with adults (Unit 4), and those who work in the service sector (Unit 5).
Try our new learning experience!
Our brand new Augmented Reality (AR) smartphone application is now available for our Level 2 Certificate in Allergy Awareness! To access our new learning experience, apply today and select our paper-based learning method.
✓ Scan areas of the paper-based learning resources to unlock Augmented Reality (AR) content including:
– Virtual Tutors
– Video case studies
– 3D models
✓ Revisit unlocked content at any time from your account
✓ Stretch learning beyond the confines of the learning resources.
Eligible for funding? Click the 'APPLY NOW' button.
Not eligible for funding? Click the 'ADD TO BASKET' button.
8 to 12 weeks on average
(E-certificates upon achievement)
The benefits of this course include:
- Staff will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Staff will establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing staff to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both their personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to your staff to ensure they have the support needed to succeed.
Cost and Funding Information
Study this course
This course is split into three manageable units:
Unit 1: Allergens, allergies and intolerances (MANDATORY)
- Section 1: Understand food allergens, allergies and intolerances.
- Section 2: Know the methods for allergy diagnosis and treatment.
- Section 3: Know the methods for intolerance diagnosis and treatment.
Unit 1 Summary:
In this unit, your staff will learn the background knowledge behind allergies, allergens and intolerances. They will also gain an understanding of how allergies and intolerances are diagnosed and treated.
Unit 2: Food labelling and packaging (MANDATORY)
- Section 1: Understand the importance of food labelling.
- Section 2: Understand regulations for food labelling.
- Section 3: Understand packaging regulations.
Unit 2 Summary:
In Unit 2, your staff will look at the different types of food labels and why they are so important in keeping those with allergies safe. They will then come to understand the regulations surrounding food labelling and be able to recognise when a label is incorrect.
Unit 3: Allergy awareness for those working with children (OPTIONAL)
- Section 1: Know the signs and effects of allergic reactions.
- Section 2: Understand how to reduce the risk of an allergic reaction.
Unit 3 Summary:
Unit 3 is an optional unit and all the information is focussed upon children. Your staff will learn how to recognise the signs and symptoms of allergic reactions on different body parts and how to perform first aid on those who have experienced a severe reaction. Your staff will then look at what can be done in order to reduce the risk in terms of medication, avoidance and medical ID jewellery.